Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 2009

Visited Mom first half of August. She was talking lots more and saying whole sentences in context which was quite amazing. She seems to do best in the moment when not thinking to hard about things. Here speech therapy is going well and the therapist John has great hope. He explains that her perseveration (repeating nonsense syllables) is akin to normal mental wrestling with tough problems. At a certain point it all becomes clear and we get it. this is possible with Mom any day now.

Her is a sampling of things I heard her say w/ my own ears.
"Yeah maybe so "I was wondering what you was doing
"They are good for me "Want some more? "No I had enough
"Just like supposed to "Oh my heck "I don't need any
"Excuse me "I guess I could taste one :) "Is that yours
"What did you say?

Stopping at donna's on the way to Uncle Don's funeral Mom got real thirsty
and when we pulled into the driveway she said, "I would like a drink and then
after a big thirst slacking sigh said, "You gotta have some

She Loves doing the fist bump w/ me and can say very sweet prayers
"Help us "bless us "Okay = Amen

She even gave me a dirty look when I swore once

No comments:

Post a Comment